Saturday, July 24, 2010

Where Bodies Are Buried

Admit it - you have often wondered when people disappear, where are their bodies "hidden".  Don't lie.  We are amongst friends.  In fact, lets take this a step further.  Haven't you been out alone, or perhaps with a friends, in some desolute area, and thought to yourself, "this would be a great place to hide a body?  If I were in a situation where it had to be hidden, this would be the place!"   Yes, it is morbid, isn't it?

Today, Lynn and I returned to Crowders Mountain to get in another long run - this one was meant to be somewhere between 16 and 20 miles, and we decided to run on a part of the trail that we didn't do last week - the Ridgeline Trail.  Eventually when you run with someone long enough, you run out of things to talk about, not to mention that the hills take your breath away, so conversation is miminal at best.  The moment happened probably halfway through or run - a nice little downhill stretch, with a sharply sloping hill off to our right.  And then I said it.  "That would be a good place to dump a body."  A simple sentence. It lead to an extended conversation about how did that come up, and if someone where to commit a crime, why do they allow for a body to be found, and many other speculations.

But the point was, at some point when you have been running with someone for a few years, and logging large amount of miles, the conversations can turn to something weird.  It happened to us.  The moment then passed.  Then Lynn said "That would make an interesting blog story".

So here it is.  I hope I don't have any followers out there who need to dispose of some excess "trash."  But if you do, head about 4 miles in on the Ridgline Trail, and look to your right.  Head down a good 100 yards.  And bring a shovel (no sense taking a chance on your "trash" being stumbled upon).  Oh, and bring lots of water if you happen to do this in late July - it was hot today, and you'll want to quench your thirst and wash off the excess dirt.  And a rope - steep hill.

Now in the "Isn't that odd" category, we also saw a very old refrigerator dumped on the side of a hill during our run today in the state park.  How it got there, we don't know, but it was only about 15 yard in - a sloppy hiding job.  I think the door was removed, but I didn't pause to look.  In retrospect, I wish I did.  There could have been a body hidden in here.  I'm thinking Hoffa.  I swear that when I am in Colorado and I stumble across as similar situation, I am going to look for D.B. Cooper.

KEIYH

29 days til we toe the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment