Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Wife's Blessing

Until now, I have kept the thoughts of participating in the TransRockies run pretty quiet.  Sure, Lynn knew.  And I spoke about it with a few co-workers who wanted to know when my next marathon was.  Next marathon??? Chump change of running. I have grand thoughts of running accross America, hiking the Appalachian Trail, doing something that wouldn't involve working 5 days a week.  I need a sponsor!  Someone who doesn't care how good I am, but just wants to fund my adventures.  Alas, I am a dreamer. What does it hurt to have grand thoughts?  You've been there, right? 

Back to reality.  My wife, Brenda, didn't know I had laid the foundation for August...until last weekend.  The moment came while I was on a call with Emmah's mom, Julie, and she was listening in.  I was mentioned the run, the fundraising for Emmah's care, Neuroblastoma, and how I wanted to help.  She didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out something was up.  So after the call ended, I shared the plan.  Not that I was worried about the response, mind you.  Brenda has always been very supportive of my runs.  She knows that when I say I am going to do something, I see it through to completion.  That goes back to my first marathon, the Goofy Challenge, learning piano, projects around the house, etc.  When my mind is set on something, I MAKE IT HAPPEN!   And this run needs to happen....for me, for Lynn, for Emmah.

So, Brenda was once again supportive...we would do what it takes to help Emmah.  Our network is strong, and we know we can help, even if we are 800 miles away.   The run isn't for another 7 months, but preparation for it and the fundraising needs to begin now.  Lynn and I would register for the race, and we would need a team name.  That we would leave to Emmah and her parents to decide.  It would become the name of this blog and our team entry.

Wife's support - check.

Wheels in motion...time to get quite serious...Emmah's isn't well - she's been in the hospital for the past 30 days.  She needs help...and prayers.  Or as her dad ends every blog posting he writes.  KEIYTAP.  "Keep Emmah In Your Thoughts And Prayers".  

KEIYTAP

No comments:

Post a Comment