Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Have a Real Problem

Now by this time, you already know that.  In fact, I have many more problems than I could possibly go into during my weekly updates.  But I believe this one deserves to be brought to your attention.  I am concerned about being at an unfair disadvantage during the TransRockies Run!  "How", you ask?  Are you thinking that Lynn and I didn't have a snowball chance in hell to do well, and maybe finish in the money?  You know, $75,000 in prize money could go a long way in making us super-running-studs!

But, the news I got today is ridiculous!  The organizers of the run have announced an "Extended Transportation Plan" for all participants for an extra $250.  I was thinking that this plan was to help participants (you know, athletes like Lynn and I) get to/from the Denver airport and the race location.  But nnnnoooooooo.....

The "extended transportation plan" allows competitors (not athletes, like Lynn and I), to stay at hotels in the local cities after each stage of the 6 stage race, by providing the transportation to and from the hotel each day.  Something is seriously wrong here.  Doesn't that tip the balance of power in favor of those with the extra $250?  Nice, long, hot extended showers each night (instead of the 5 minutes campers will be limited to).  Soaking in ice baths to help the sore muscles heal faster (instead of sucking on ice cubes at night for the campers).  Sleeping on a nice Super 8 motel mattress with at least 2 fluffy pillows (instead of roughing it on a 1 1/2" thick pad, while in a sleeping bag, and a plastic sack stuffed with smelly clothes serving as a pillow). It just doesn't seem fair.

Now don't get me wrong - I like having the odds tipped against us.  This is a motivational tool.  Bulletin board material for the locker room.  It will inspire us to run stronger, farther, and faster than ever before.  We are going to need to so we can let the air out of the tires of the transportation vans....

Guess you can tell we don't have $250 to spare.  Gonna love the tenting experience!

KEIYH

No comments:

Post a Comment