Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Reflective Moments Are Good For The Soul

I am on a long business trip - 7 days to be exact, although the last two days will be pleasure in Orlando visiting my dad.  Being a sometime frequent business traveller gives me time to reflect, especially when confined on an airplane (oh...I have plenty of airplane stories...I rant about those on Facebook!).  Choices of activities become limited on a plane: sleep, read, or engage in conversation with others.  Usually I read, which I did Tuesday on my way from Charlotte to Dallas.  However, that activity still left free time, which allowed me to engage in another past-time of my - reflection.

I got to thinking about what I want to share in the upcoming months with you before the 113 For Emmah run.  Ok, lets be realistic.  Deep down, I hope you are still reading this in six months and that I hold your interest!  113 For Emmah is more than just a run, more than just a fundraiser.  It is about creating lasting memories of someone special, and sharing special reflections of those who care for her.  You know, to fill in gaps.

So I did what I often do....reflected....and jotted down notes about my memories of Emmah, my fun (and strange) interactions with Jeff & Julie, and the intersections this has with running (oh yeah - I'll make a connection for you!!!).  There may be a lot of "dirt" coming out you didn't know about!  This means pictures people.   It may make you laugh, may make you cry, but you'll be glad you stuck with me, I guarantee it!.

And in all fairness and in full disclosure - I have granted Jeff permission to add posts to this blog as he sees fit...so I fully expect rebuttals, counterpoints, clarifications, and maybe even a few "yep - he's right" (very few - probably more rebuttals than anything!).  The fun we can have with the power of the written word - even in times of sadness, can help heal some wounds.

So stay tuned...more to come soon...just need to get by a few days busy days of work, and a few days of R&R.   Then...the reflection begins...starting with....THE X FACTOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment