Friday, February 12, 2010

A Time To Heal

By now you probably know that Emmah Gudeman passed away on Wednesday and is the newest angel looking over us.  She is free of pain, discomfort and uncertainly.  Yet her passing has left a feeling of great emptiness in many people. You may be asking questions that have no answers.  Why cancer? Why Emmah?  Why the Gudeman's? Where do they go from here? How can I help?

We are all certain to move onto other thoughts, people and causes over time, but not before we internally process what this means to each of us. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this for 3 days, and there seems to be no end in sight in the near term.  Grieving proceeds at its own pace for everyone, but it is my hope that the sorrow we feel today, will soon turn to a celebration of Emmah's life.  That will come with time.

However, you don't have to look far to realize the joy Emmah brought to those closest to her - her immediate family.  This picture taken just a few days ago says it all.  She could bring smiles to the faces of others!  Let this serve as a great example for all of us, that even in moments of despair, there are rays of sunshine to be found!

Thank you to everyone who has visited this site over the past few days.  I am sure you are coming because of letters I or my wife have sent out, my links on Facebook, Jeff's link on his blog, or through word of mouth.  You are interested in what 113 for Emmah is all about and I hope you are interested in helping.  Please considering making a donation to the Gudeman Family to assist with the cost of Emmah's care, or to help fund Neuroblastoma Research through the CNCF. Appropriate links are on the right side of this page.

You may not know the Gudeman Family, but have been touched by Emmah.  Condolensces, donations, or words of encouragement, may be sent to them at:

Gudeman Family    
605 Western Avenue
Joliet, IL 60435
(Jeff - a1eyetoolguy@gmail.com)
(Julie - bizzyjulie@yahoo.com)

Better moments are ahead for all of us, plus more positive and upbeat posts in this blog - I promise.  So please continue to visit - I have more memories to share about Emmah, the Gudeman's, our running prep and the 113.  And the call for donations will continue.  Worthy causes need our support!

KEIYH (Keep Emmah In Your Heart)

2 comments:

  1. Just want to thank you Ken for being such a special friend in my families lives. Words cannot express my gratitude.
    Luv, Mom G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom G - I will continue to find ways to help and continue with the fundraising in the upcoming months. I hope we can bring some positive out of Emmah's passing. I am sorry for your loss of that precious 1st grandchild.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete