Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Am I Ready? Bloody Hell I Am!

Runners are a strange bunch.  Outgoing at times, introspective at others.  Able to shake off injuries to continue their pursuit of the oddest quests.  This post will be a short one.  Sunday morning I flew to San Francisco for a week long conference. Before flying out at 9:30 am, I got up early to put in some miles on the treadmill - 6 to be exact.  This was after an 18 mile day Friday, and a 19 mile day Saturday.  Sunday was to be 22 miles, but due to time constraints, I needed to split the run into two parts - one on each coast.

Unfortunately, I formed a blister Sunday morning, which I didn't realize until I was 3 miles into the 2nd leg of my run in SF.  Never fear, Superman is here.  Popped that blister near Fisherman's Wharf...and continued on my way for another 9 miles, feeling great to be able to run in 60 degree weather for the first time in months.

Of course, post-run I saw the true blister damage.  Curt Schilling's bloody sock from the Red Sox World Series victory a few years ago has nothing on me.  I may have lost a pint, but it didn't matter.  We are three weeks away from Colorado and as the Queen song goes..."Don't Stop Me Now"!!!

KEIYH

No comments:

Post a Comment