Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Attention! All butterflies in formation…



From the time I was a young girl, I have always had butterflies before ‘big’ events. Those events included – first days of school, performing in plays and concerts. Butterflies followed me through high school and college – dating, taking exams, delivering presentations. During life after college, these fluttering creatures rumbled inside my stomach during client meetings, speaking at conferences and yes, running marathons.

From this lifetime of experiences with butterflies, I have learned two things –

1. If you don’t get butterflies, you don’t really care, and

2. As long as your butterflies fly in formation, you have the edge.

I can honestly admit during the past several weeks, I have been swarmed by (you guessed it) butterflies.

Ken and I leave this Thursday, August 19 for what will undoubtedly be one of the most memorable and challenging adventures of our lives. The training is done, the bags are nearly packed, and the unknown looms before us. I am so anxious, excited and energized to ‘get this show of the road’, I can barely sit still. The best part of this energy stems from why we are ultimately running 113 miles – for Emmah. Every little girl deserves to be giddy with excitement and smiling with anticipation to the point her cheeks hurt. I can only hope Emmah had many of these happy of moments in her brief lifetime.

Thank you Emmah for being our inspiration. I dedicate my butterflies to you!

Lynn

KEIYH

No comments:

Post a Comment